Welcome!


Welcome!

I would like to welcome you to my blog.  I have been on my spiritual journey for a long time but it's been through the past few years that I have been working and leaning on the Lord as a parent.

I am the mother of four beautiful children, three of whom my husband and I adopted and one homegrown.  My children are 19, 18, 11 and 10. I am thankful for each of them, as the Lord has taught me so more about my faith and relationship with Him, as wife and a stay at home mother.  I have also walked through the demanding and challenging journey as a homeschooling mom, as well as my back surgery and the frightening experience of my husbands stroke last year.

My family and I have endured several moves, ADHD in two children while one also had ODD (Oppositional Defiant Disorder) and a host of other issues that I have had to walk through, pray through and sometimes scream through.  But what I have learned that our heavenly Father has been with me through it all.

As mothers, many of us tend to lose ourselves along the way, we listen to the lies of the enemy and the lies that we tell ourselves.  We struggle from day to day and find our joy lost to us through the mundane tasks of everyday life.  I wanted to share some of the ways that the Lord has helped me through the years. Since I was a little girl, I have always wanted to be a mother, and was good at my job as a nanny, childcare provider and teacher.  But as I faced the challenges of motherhood, and menopause I knew that I needed more of the Lord every step of the way.

God the Father, has been my strength and shield and though I have struggled to find joy through some of the most difficult times as a parent, I know that I could not continue without the Lord. He is JOY, and as the palmist said: ...In your Presence there is fullness of joy.  Ps.16:11.

So, I hope that my readers are encouraged and blessed through this journal and devotional, of a mothers journey to finding joy, through our daily lives.  May the Lord bless you and keep you as join me on this journey, hopefully drawing you closer to the Lord.  He is my joy!  Come grow along with me.

Shieron

Comments

  1. Good for you stepping out. I know this will bless and encourage many.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Finding Joy in Prayer Pt. 1

Arrrgh! It's Morning again. Pt.2

Finding Joy in Prayer Pt.2